Cosmetic Dental Bonding – Los Angeles, CA
A Quick Fix for Minor Smile Flaws
Contrary to what you might think, not all smile flaws are extreme. Some are relatively minor – light stains here, a small chip there, etc. For these latter kinds, the best fix is a treatment that’s quick and gentle. Luckily, we at Rancho Park Dental Group have just the solution: cosmetic dental bonding! With this procedure, our team can hide the slight imperfections in your grin. Just keep reading to learn more about it, or call our office for the details.
What is Cosmetic Dental Bonding?
Cosmetic dental bonding is a service that hides mild smile flaws. More specifically, it relies on tooth-colored resin to cover issues like minor tooth stains, chips, and cracks. This material changes your smile’s qualities when applied to the problem areas. As such, treatment results blend seamlessly with your smile.
Overall, a big appeal of this treatment is that it’s quick, cheap, and non-invasive. Our office can often perform the work in a single one-hour appointment. (If the damage you want to address is extensive, though, you may need multiple visits.) Dr. Silvera will simply apply the resin to your tooth, sculpt it, and harden it with a UV light. The treated area will then look indistinguishable from the surrounding teeth.
Who is a Good Candidate for Cosmetic Dental Bonding?
Cosmetic dental bonding doesn’t have strict requirements; almost anyone can qualify for it. That being said, the best treatment candidates are those with minor smile flaws. In particular, cosmetic bonding is ideal for patients with one (or more) of the following issues:
- Mild tooth chips and cracks
- Noticeable gaps between teeth
- Moderate-to-severe discoloration
- Irregularities in tooth shape
- Teeth that seem small or “stubby”
Of course, the best way to confirm your candidacy is to visit our dentists. They’ll assess your smile during the initial consultation. From there, they can see if cosmetic dental bonding suits you!
The Benefits of Cosmetic Dental Bonding
By getting cosmetic dental bonding, you’ll receive various benefits. These include:
- Quick & Painless Care – Cosmetic dental bonding is non-invasive, as it doesn’t remove any enamel. Consequently, it takes little time and preserves much of your natural tooth structure.
- Versatility – The resin used for cosmetic bonding can cover the whole fronts of teeth. As a result, the treatment is versatile and can address many kinds of smile flaws.
- Low-Maintenance Results – It doesn’t take much to protect cosmetic bonding results. Really, all you need to do is brush the treated teeth twice daily and floss between them. That way, treatment effects will last for at least several years.
- Cost-Effectiveness – Compared to the alternatives, dental bonding is one of the cheapest forms of cosmetic dentistry. That means it’s ideal for patients with a smaller budget.