Tooth-Colored Fillings – Los Angeles, CA
A More Discreet Way to Fix Decayed Teeth
At one point, dental fillings were primarily made from metal amalgam. Of course, having a highly visible piece of metal in your mouth does not do wonders for your appearance or your confidence. Nowadays, though, you can get a tooth-colored filling instead, allowing you to restore your decayed teeth in a way that looks natural. Do you think you may need a tooth-colored filling soon? Call us today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Sassounian or Dr. Silvera.
Why Choose Rancho Park Dental Group for Tooth-Colored Fillings?
- Natural-Looking Restorations
- Dental Care Customized for Your Needs
- Conveniently Located Office
What Are Tooth-Colored Fillings?
To make a filling that can blend in with your enamel, we use a material called composite resin. Not only can composite resin be shaded to match the color of your smile, but it can also bond directly with the tooth; as a result, we won’t need to remove as much enamel to place the filling. Despite not being made out of metal, composite resin fillings are quite durable and can often last for many years.
The Process of Getting a Tooth-Colored Filling
When placing a tooth-colored filling, our team may numb your mouth first. After that, we will remove any decay or damage that’s currently present on the tooth in question. We will also use a weak acid to open up the tooth’s pores, which helps with the bonding process.
After all the necessary preparations have been completed, it will be time to apply the composite resin. The material will already be shaded in order to give it a more natural appearance. Once the composite resin is in place, it will be carefully sculpted so that it looks like a natural part of the tooth. Then it will be hardened within seconds with ultraviolet light.
We may need to do some last-minute reshaping of the filling to get rid of any excess material that could affect your bite. Once that’s done, all we need to do is smooth and polish the tooth.
The Benefits of Tooth-Colored Fillings
Metal fillings may be the more traditional solution for treating tooth decay, but there are several reasons why composite resin fillings have grown in popularity. Below are some of the advantages that come with getting a tooth-colored filling:
- Improved Appearance: Tooth-colored fillings are very discreet; most people won’t even realize that you had dental work performed in the first place.
- Stability: Composite resin can be used to make more stable fillings since it is able to bond with the enamel around it.
- Safer for the Tooth: Unlike metal fillings, composite resin fillings won’t expand and contract in response to temperature changes, making them less likely to damage the tooth.
- Biocompatibility: Do you suffer from an allergy or sensitivity to metal? With composite resin fillings, this won’t be an issue.
- Easy to Take Care Of: Maintaining a tooth-colored filling is relatively simple; you just need to remember to brush and floss every day while also periodically visiting your dentist for routine checkups and cleanings.